Your vehicle has passed another 120 thousand km. It's time to replace the fuel pump belts and timing belts; work sequence described in this article is suitable for AXL, AJT, ACV, AXG, AHY, AYY, AYC, AUF engines.
The main feature of all motors of different release years is the work sequence with the body parts in the initial stage of disassembly. Hinged equipment special powerful version is of 111 kW (152 hp), but they are rare and differ only in the other (full-size) intercooler, another V-belt system drive, air conditioning radiator, a turbine with variable geometry, and other layout of the intake system (AHY and AXG engines).
For the execution of works, we need aids and special tools, such as:
All work will be conducted in the pit, so you need to put the vehicle so that the right wheels are as close as possible to the edge, it will provide ease of operation. Wait until the engine cools down, then start work. Let’s start.
1) Remove as follows:
2) Unscrew front end carrier bolts on right and left.
3) Pull the carrier and radiator towards.
4) Rotate the wheels to the right until they stop.
5) In the top left of the radiator, find and disconnect the power steering pump hose clamp, the ends of the tube need to be drown with suitable plugs.
6) Press the borders out of the carrier, unfix them.
7) Take the carrier to the right (do not disconnect coolant system hoses), in order to avoid falling fix with the wire.
8) Remove the protective covers of both belts, and cylinder head cover.
9) Discharge pressure in the coolant system, open and close the surge tank cap. Then, drain the coolant, prepare the container of 8-10 liters.
10) Loosen M8 bolts on the power steering pump pulley (3 pcs.)
11) Take the ribbed belt with both hands on the left and right of the power steering pump and slowly pull the belt by hands, gradually increasing force (belt should be pulled in the direction of the arrow), then remove the belt from the power steering pump and the other pulleys.
12) Remove the power steering pump pulley and intermediate V-belt rollers.
13) Install the crankshaft to UDC of cylinder 1.
Marks of the pump pulley / bracket C and housing flywheel / clutch A (manual transmission) or clutch disc / clutch B (automatic transmission) are to match. If all the marks do not match, you have to turn once the crankshaft clockwise.
14) Fix the crankshaft and unscrew the center bolt, remove the crankshaft pulley damper.
15) Unscrew the damper central bolt.
16) Loosen vibration damper bolts with a cogged pulley (bolts M8) and unscrew two bolts located opposite.
17) Unfix the two remaining bearing bolts in order to detach vibration damper from the lower crankshaft gear by weak tapping by a hammer on the bolt heads.
18) Remove the vibration damper.
19) Unscrew the camshaft bolt using the counter support (3-5 turns).
20) Using a hammer and punch bring down gear from the camshaft cone through the hole in the T-belt cover.
21) Unscrew the two bolts inside from the plastic protection of the timing belt.
22) The camshaft gear on the pump belt side is fixed by a special key (3036), bolt is unscrewed by 3-5 turns.
23) Unfix the pump belt tensioner roller, remove the pump belt, as well as the gear on the pump belt side.
24) Remove the distal roller and check studs sinking in the head housing.
25) Unscrew the four bolts fixing the oil filler.
26) Remove the valve cover, pre-need to unscrew the four bolts #13.
27) Remove the lower part of the T-belt cover.
28) Mark the running direction of the T-belt (Note: only if its replacement is not planned).
29) Unload a tension roller of the T-belt, using a spanner wrench 32. For this, first unscrew the bolt 13 and remove the roller.
30) Remove the timing belt tensioner.
31) Unscrew three pump bolts and remove the pump.
32) Remove internal plastic protection of the timing belt.
The engine is dismantled, now begin preparatory work.
Before you start the installation of belts, pumps and pulleys, start the installation of injection timing. The work is performed in the order described below.
We choose original replacing kit.
So far everything is disassembled, you can see the state of the camshaft seals and front crankshaft seal.
All metal and plastic parts are washed.
Install the tensioner roller (1) so that the tensioner roller tab (2) gets into the catch pin of the belt cover bottom part.
Put the timing belt starting from the crankshaft.
Install all previously removed parts, charge the coolant, run the engine. After starting, you need to control all connections for leakage, put insulation pallet. Now you can drive.