Nissan Qashqai with HR16DE engine has single auxiliary drive belt (ADB). The belt provides smooth operation of the generator, the water pump, the crankshaft pulley, the conditioner compressor and the tension pulley.
In order to ensure flawless operation, you should regularly check the state of the belt and its tension, according to maintenance schedule, contained in the warranty book. This photographic manual will help you to carry out the auxiliary drive wedge belt replacement on Nissan Qashqai single-handedly.
What belt to choose for installation
Catalogue number of the V-ribbed belt for Nissan Qashqai — 7РК1153.
Analogues for belt replacement: Stellox 0711153SX; Gates 7PK-1153; Contitech 7PK1153; Dayco 7PK 1153; Patron 6PK1150.
Manual on how to replace the belt on Nissan Qashqai
Tools and materials, needed to replace the drive belt:
- wrench with socket for 14;
- flat-bladed screwdriver;
- new auxiliary drive belt.
How to replace:
- Place the car over an inspection pit, or on a locklift and remove the right wheel.
- Unscrew and take out the side engine mudguard from the right side of the car movement direction.
- Visually check the state of the belt.
- Using a wrench, rotate the tensioning roller clockwise until loosening the belt tensioning.
- Fix the tensioner in the state of closure and insert the stop into the holes in the tensioner boss and in the valve train cover.
- Take out the auxiliary drive belt.
- If you are dismantling the auxiliary drive belt with no intention of replacing it, you must mark the direction of movement by drawing an arrow with a marker, or a piece of chalk.
- Install the new auxiliary drive belt and previously removed parts.
- Make three full revolutions of the crankshaft, so the belt could take right position on pulley.
Now, let us replace the auxiliary drive belt on Nissan Qashqai. Loosen the tension bolt using a socket wrench for 13.
...and get to installing it. Firstly, drive the belt on the crankshaft, then — on the conditioner, on the tensioning roller and on the generator.