I had to replace Ford Focus 2 power steering pump, therefore I decided to contact the service station to avoid wasting time for this. Specialists performed all the required work to replace the power steering pump.
The following things are required for replacement:
- 18 size wrench key
- New hose power steering hoses clamps — 3 pcs.
- Power steering pump fluid for replacement/refilling
- Drive belts
Focus 2 power steering pumps
The original Ford power steering pump number is 1484948.
There are cheaper analogues:
- MSG FO044.
- Reikanen P0702.
- Motorherz P1015HG.
Inspection/replacement frequency is not provided. It is required to comply with the power steering fluid replacement regulations (every 100 thousand km or every 2-3 years) for full-fledged work.
Two bolts and one generator fastening nut are unscrewed while the electrical connectors are removed.
Unscrew the four pump pulley bolts and first remove the pulley in order to remove power steering pump. Then the generator fastening top stud is turned away and then the generator is dismantled.
- The electrical connector is disconnected from the power steering pump.
- The tube, connecting the pump with the tank, is removed.
- Four mounting pump bolts are turned off.